xsl-list

[xsl] Javascript for extension functions

2007-09-09 22:12:55
"Abel" == Abel Braaksma <abel(_dot_)online(_at_)xs4all(_dot_)nl> writes:
    Abel> And indeed, then people don't have to bind
    Abel> themselves to their own host language but everyone can use
    Abel> the same language for extensions, which is a much better
    Abel> design choice than the awkward suggestions I was making
    Abel> earlier.
    >>
    >> That's sounds like a possibility.  Would it suit a PHP
    >> programmer?

surely it will, esp. because most PHP programmers write for the
    Abel> internet and this usually requires ecmascript/javascript
    Abel> skills: it is familiar already.

But is it useful?

What will the programer be able to do that (s)he cannot do with
xsl:function?

If using the host language, I can envisage various answers, but Javascript?
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire