xsl-list

RE: [xsl] xsl:function

2007-09-12 01:14:41
Firstly, please don't use text shorthand on this list. It saves you a few
seconds in typing time, and it costs hundreds of people reading your post a
few seconds in reading time. That's not a good trade-off, and it makes you
look unprofessional.

I think it has already been explained to you that if you need to use XSLT in
a browser (any browser) you will have to stick to XSLT 1.0 at the moment,
which means you cannot use constructs like xsl:function. If you do want to
use XSLT 2.0 constructs, then you will need to install a processor such as
Saxon and run in a different environment.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Karanam(_dot_)Chowdary(_at_)iflexsolutions(_dot_)com
[mailto:Karanam(_dot_)Chowdary(_at_)iflexsolutions(_dot_)com]
Sent: 12 September 2007 08:09
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl:function

What shud I do I m not using saxon and I m not running in cmd
prompt. I hv just written XSL code in text file and saved it
as .xsl and directly opening XML in browser. I really donno
wat processor it is. Shud I install sum processor(s/w).
SAXON? I m just cing the results in IE not cmd prompt. If I
download saxon as u suggested can I get the results in
browser? And how shud I run that?