xsl-list

RE: [xsl] [XSL] XSL Browser Integration

2007-09-13 14:28:47
Just to check, is it at all possible to pass parameters to a transform
initiated through a <?xml-stylesheet?> PI at the top of an XML document?
I was curious about this some time ago; it seemed logical to me at the
time that URL parameters to an XML document should be available to the
stylesheet.

~ Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Koberg [mailto:rob(_at_)koberg(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 3:08 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] [XSL] XSL Browser Integration

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 21:01 +0200, Alain wrote:
Is there a normalised way, on a browser environment (eq. XSLT1.0) to
access with XSL code:
- the full "current" URI (ex. :
http://www.myserver.com/mydir/foo.xml?x=12&y=15  the most interesting
part being obviously the option string, here: x=12&y=15)
- users preferences such as : preferred languages (or the http header
accept_language string, for internationalisation purpose)
- navigation items such as : referrer, history (tainted)
- computer environment : screen resolution, colour width, OS, browser,

initial canvas size, etc...

Getting the data with JavaScript and passing parameters to the
transform.

best,
-Rob