xsl-list

Re: [xsl] [XSL] XSL Browser Integration

2007-09-16 13:31:34
On Sun, 2007-09-16 at 13:20 -0600, M. David Peterson wrote:
On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 12:06:15 -0600, Abel Braaksma
<abel(_dot_)online(_at_)xs4all(_dot_)nl>
wrote:

This problem does not arise when you load your documents directly from a
http source.

I know Robert Koberg has developed some pretty killer pre-compiled
XSLT/DOM caching tools as part of the Dojo framework, though haven't
really played with things past a test or two here and there.

It's not really that interesting. It just creates the processor object
for you to hold in memory and reuse. If it is a one time thing, then you
don't want to keep the processor object in memory. I leave it up to the
user to determine whether to keep it around or not.

It's kind of like a Templates object in jaxp because I reset the object
to be in a clean state after each transform, but the actual processor
object is more like a jaxp Transformer in reality. (if that makes sense)

Robert, the question that I have had lurking in the back of my head that I
am not completely sure about has to do with long-term persistence once,

   * The browser has been closed.
   * The site visitor has left the primary domain in which the Flash-based
cache resides.

In the two scenarios above when I, the site visitor, return to the primary
domain can I access the pre-compiled XSLT/DOM objects or do they need to
be recompiled?

it will need to be recompiled. If you leave whatever is holding your
cahce of processor objects, you will lose it. I don't know how to make
it persistent.

best,
-Rob