xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Getting variable yet most immediate parentNode

2007-09-27 13:57:52
To be honest, I didn't spend the time needed to really follow and understand your reasoning, but that's not your fault, I just didn't spend the time... Maybe tomorrow ;)

The things I wrote were just from what was immediately obvious for me from just looking at your code. The suggestions I made (apart from the XSLT 2.0 shortcut) are viable, regardless your problem statement. And if the rest of your real stylesheet is having "matching templates" already, all the better! Just follow that same path for this part of the application and don't get entangled in xsl:if and xsl:choose with node tests... it will muddle your sight.

I'm sorry I currently can't be of more constructive help about your real problem, maybe a little later.

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma --

Steve wrote:
I think you've missed my reasoning. What appears to be redundant is
really a way to produce a questionaire flexibly. Let's say a section
is mostly true/false questions but the last question is A-B-C. Well,
in my structure I can define 'true/false' at the "section" level and
then, for the particular question that doesn't fit, override it with
"A-B-C". Those that are true false will ask from above, whereas those
that have peculiar options can be defined specifically.

As for your other suggestions, thank you! Except I'm stuck using XSL
1.0 =) I do like your solution for printing @name versus ".". One
confusion I have with your advice is that my whole application already
uses matched stylesheets. =).

-S