xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Zero-width Space

2007-09-28 13:51:37
Thanks for the suggestion.

A lot of the time, the text I have already contains the zero-width spaces. And
for new text entering the ZWSP with a Khmer keyboard driver is trivial -- hit
spacebar for ZWSP and Ctrl-spacebar for a normal space.

In that regard, entering a numeric character reference is considerably more
work, since Khmer does not use Arabic numerals. Since the number keys are
mapped to Khmer glyphs for 0-9, it would entail switching from the Khmer
keyboard to the Western keyboard after every word and then back again for the
next word.

Right now, I'm using XML Copy Editor to work on the text and the XML/XSLT when
they're together, but properly prepared text requires checking the ZWSP. The
goal is simply being able to transform content in a single file into web, PDF
or e-book format, both with and without English translation.

In the end, I'd like to do my XML and XSL work in the same editor that
I use for the content, not least so that a fully marked-up text doesn't
go to separate editors for markup and text corrections.

Any editors at all that display non-printing characters for proofing, including
the ZWSP?

Thanks,
Roger Sperberg

--
Cambodian Language Exercises -- cambodian.tiddlyspot.com
Beginning Cambodian Reader -- cambodian-reader.tiddlyspot.com