xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Reading recursive from a list

2007-10-01 06:42:42

Ignoring namespaces, it's:

<xsl:copy-of select="/AllUnitInfos/UnitInfos/UnitInfo[Type =
document('selection.xml')/UnitInfos/Type"/>

In 2.0, specify xpath-default-namespace="Animals".

In 1.0, prefix each name in the expression above with "a:" and bind
xmlns:a="Animals" in the stylesheet.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

Input file:

<AllUnitInfos xmlns="Animals">
      <UnitInfos>
              <UnitInfo>
                      <Class>UNITCLASS_LION</Class>
                      <Type>UNIT_LION</Type>
                      <bla/>
              </UnitInfo>
              <UnitInfo>
                      <Class>UNITCLASS_CAT</Class>
                      <Type>UNIT_CAT</Type>
                      <bla/>
              </UnitInfo>
              <UnitInfo>
                      <Class>UNITCLASS_WOLF</Class>
                      <Type>UNIT_WOLF</Type>
                      <bla/>
              </UnitInfo>
              <UnitInfo>
                      <Class>UNITCLASS_DOG</Class>
                      <Type>UNIT_DOG</Type>
                      <bla/>
              </UnitInfo>
      <UnitInfos>
</AllUnitInfos>

My Selection list:

<UnitInfos xmlns="Animals">
      <Type>UNIT_LION</Type>
      <Type>UNIT_DOG</Type>
</UnitInfos>

According to my selection List, I would like to copy all
UnitInfo elements with their children that have a type
element which is listed in
the small list above.

Output should be this:

<AllUnitInfos xmlns="Animals">
      <UnitInfos>
              <UnitInfo>
                      <Class>UNITCLASS_LION</Class>
                      <Type>UNIT_LION</Type>
                      <bla/>
              </UnitInfo>
              <UnitInfo>
                      <Class>UNITCLASS_DOG</Class>
                      <Type>UNIT_DOG</Type>
                      <bla/>
              </UnitInfo>
      <UnitInfos>
</AllUnitInfos>

The list above could be placed in a file or anywhere that
would make it possible/easier.

Many thanks for any idea,
Houman

Tribold News Alert!   Tribold Accelerates Growth With New CEO
Appointment.

Tribold Limited.  Registered Office: Carmelite, 50 Victoria
Embankment, Blackfriars, London EC4Y 0DX, United Kingdom.
Registered in England and Wales No: 4942611

--~--