xsl-list

RE: [xsl] iterate through nodes and determine output by node type

2007-10-01 12:54:07
Java out-of-the-box offers only XSLT 1.0. If you want multiple-document
output then you will either need to use the xalan:redirect extension, or you
will need to use Saxon. If you are going to use Saxon then you might as well
use the latest version which offers the XSLT 2.0 xsl:result-document
instruction. Using a version that has the abandoned 1.1 xsl:document syntax
is a dead end.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Madunic [mailto:hajduk(_at_)imag(_dot_)net]
Sent: 01 October 2007 20:48
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] iterate through nodes and determine output
by node type

Lead java dev said I can use 1.0 or 1.1, but looking at the
dev's XSLT it is 1.0. This will be easy enough to change later.

In my testing env I'm outside the eclipse dev environment
using ANT with Saxon
8.* and XSLT 1.1 for this project. What I create will be
placed inside the Java project. The reason I'm doing this is
there are 27000+ files to parse and don't want to run using
the Java class as it is set up as an all or nothing
extraction from a db to XML. It takes over 40 minutes to run.

So looking in the lib of the eclipse project I see the
following xercesImpl-2_9_0.jar, no Saxon (I did request this
but due to time constraints it won't be implemented till much
later). Is it 2.0 compliant? Also what comes standard with
JDK 1.6 update 2?

Marijan (Mario) Madunic

Quoting Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com>:

I do mean 1.1. 2.0 would be preferable but can't use it in this
project and like to use <xsl:document />.

So what processor are you using? I only know of two processors that
implemented XSLT 1.1 and <xsl:document>, namely Saxon 6.5
and jd.xslt.
If you're using Saxon 6.5 then you could be using Saxon 8.9 (unless
you're tied to a /very/ old version of Java), and if you're using
jd.xslt then you're in a bit of a cul-de-sac because the
product, its
web site, and its sole developer disappeared off the face
of the earth about three years ago.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

--~--