xsl-list

RE: [xsl] segmenting a paragraph

2007-10-02 03:55:58
When you need to apply regex matching to text that crosses node
boundaries, in the past two approaches have been proposed:

(a) create a string in which the node boundaries are represented by
some recognizable textual markup (you could use saxon:serialize()),
then apply the regex processing, then reinstate the node structure
(e.g. by using saxon:parse()).

Provided the <note> elements don't break a sentence then it's
not needed is it?

No, it isn't, hence the "When" in my first paragraph... I didn't know from
the description whether this applied to the case in hand.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/