xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Output input_xml apart from one tag change?

2007-10-02 06:34:45
That works perfectly, thanks. But what actually happens here:

<xsl:copy><xsl:copy-of select="@*"/><xsl:apply-templates/></xsl:copy>

regards,

On 10/2/07, Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> wrote:
This is a standard pattern. An identity template:

<xsl:template match="*">
  <xsl:copy><xsl:copy-of select="@*"/><xsl:apply-templates/></xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

supplemented by a template rule to change what you need to change

<xsl:template match="foo">
  <bar>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </bar>