xsl-list

[xsl] Windows Batchfile calling Saxon - Confusion of / and \

2007-10-10 06:27:45

I think this may really be primarily a Windows batch-file issue but as
I'm trying to call Saxon I thought I'd ask here.

I have a Windows batch file that I'm using to call an Xsl stylesheet,
using Saxon 8-9j.

My stylesheet uses a second input document, using document() to load it.
The reading of the main input xml document is happy to read from the
current working directory when I say 'Main.xml'.
However the extra document doesn't seem to do so.  If I just pass in
'Secondary.xml' it's looking somewhere else, possibly 'C:\'.
(If I use './Secondary.xml' it looks in the directory where the batch
file is located)

If I pass the secondary file as 'C:/Projects/Secondary.xml' it's happy.
If I pass the secondary file as 'C:\Projects\Secondary.xml' it isn't,
saying "FODC0005: Exception thrown by URIResolver. Invalid relative
URI".

I don't want to hard-code the current path in my batch file, I want to
say "set DIR=%cd%", but if I do that DIR has '\' in it in the usual
Windows manner, causing the read to fail, as above.

So :
1.  Can I get Saxon to accept '\' instead of '/' ?  I presume not as its
a URI not a directory name.
2.  Can I get Windows batch-files to convert '\' to '/' ?
3.  Can I get Saxon's document() function to search relative to the
current working directory rather than the top of the disk ?

Appreciatively,
Richard.

Richard Kerry
Colledia Control Engineer
Siemens IT Solutions and Services Ltd
Room 457 Design Building, BBC Television Centre, Wood Lane, London, W12
7RJ
T: +44 (0)20 82259063 F: +44 (0)20 8576 8182 M: +44 (0)7921 244993
Email: richard(_dot_)kerry(_at_)siemens(_dot_)com
<blocked::mailto:richard(_dot_)kerry(_at_)siemens(_dot_)com>
Website:  www.siemens.co.uk/it-solutions
<blocked::outbind://47/www.siemens.co.uk/it-solutions>

This e-mail contains confidential information and is for the exclusive
use of the addressee/s.  If you are not the addressee, then any
distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received
in error, please advise the sender and delete it immediately.  We accept
no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from
use of this e-mail.

Siemens IT Solutions and Services Limited
Registered No: 1203466 England
Registered Office: Faraday House, Sir William Siemens Square, Frimley,
Camberley, GU16 8QD