xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Windows Batchfile calling Saxon - Confusion of / and \

2007-10-10 06:45:27

Thank you very much.
That works fine.

I've never seen that construct before.  Windows Help and Support Centre
entry on 'set' doesn't seem to mention it.

Appreciatively,
Richard.

-----Original Message-----
From: Houghton,Andrew [mailto:houghtoa(_at_)oclc(_dot_)org]
Sent: 10 October 2007 14:35
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] Windows Batchfile calling Saxon -
Confusion of / and \

From: Kerry, Richard [mailto:richard(_dot_)kerry(_at_)siemens(_dot_)com]
Sent: 10 October, 2007 09:27
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Windows Batchfile calling Saxon - Confusion
of / and \

If I pass the secondary file as 'C:/Projects/Secondary.xml'
it's happy.
If I pass the secondary file as 'C:\Projects\Secondary.xml'
it isn't, saying "FODC0005: Exception thrown by URIResolver.
Invalid relative URI".

I don't want to hard-code the current path in my batch file,
I want to say "set DIR=%cd%", but if I do that DIR has '\' in
it in the usual Windows manner, causing the read to fail,
as above.

So :
1.  Can I get Saxon to accept '\' instead of '/' ?  I presume
not as its a URI not a directory name.
2.  Can I get Windows batch-files to convert '\' to '/' ?

set file1="C:\Projects\Secondary.xml"
set file2=%file1:\=/%

echo %file1%
echo %file2%

3.  Can I get Saxon's document() function to search relative
to the current working directory rather than the top of the disk ?

--~--