xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Sorting Two Dimensional Table

2007-10-15 07:41:28
Thanks Scott,

Hotmail is great !!
Again,

Hi,

I'm desperately trying to sort a two dimension table.

I have keys and values. I want to be able to sort by keys and then by value.
This is not a problem so far. The problem comes when I try to sort the keys
that I want to be sorted as well.

Example:
x y value
a a a
a b a
a a b
a b b
a a c
b b a
b a b
b b b
b a d

which is presented as follow:

 <titles>
  <key>a</key>
  <key>b</key>
  <value>halo_name</value>
 </titles>

 <entries>
  <entry>
   <key name="b" value="a" />
   <key name="a" value="b" />
   <value>d</value>
  </entry>
  <entry>
   <key name="a" value="a" />
   <key name="b" value="a" />
   <value>c</value>
  </entry>
  <entry>
   <key name="a" value="a" />
   <key name="b" value="a" />
   <value>b</value>
  </entry>
  <entry>
   <key name="a" value="a" />
   <key name="b" value="b" />
   <value>b</value>
  </entry>
  <entry>
   <key name="a" value="b" />
   <key name="b" value="a" />
   <value>b</value>
  </entry>
  <entry>
   <key name="a" value="a" />
   <key name="b" value="a" />
   <value>a</value>
  </entry>
  <entry>
   <key name="a" value="b" />
   <key name="b" value="b" />
   <value>a</value>
  </entry>
  <entry>
   <key name="a" value="a" />
   <key name="b" value="b" />
   <value>a</value>
  </entry>
  <entry>
   <key name="a" value="b" />
   <key name="b" value="b" />
   <value>b</value>
  </entry>
 </entries>

Th problem is that I don't know the keys beforhand neither how many of them I
have. So to show the title of my table, I use something like that:

<xsl:for-each select="titles/key">
<xsl:sort select="." />
<th bgcolor="#9acd32" align="left"><xsl:value-of select="." /></th>
</xsl:for-each>
<th bgcolor="cornflowerblue" align="left"><xsl:value-of select="titles/value"
/></th>

So that I know that my key titles are always sorted and then I put the data in
the same fashion

<xsl:for-each select="entries/entry">
<xsl:for-each select="key">
<xsl:sort select="@name" />
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:for-each>

So I'd like to sort my keys and then sort the data accordingly so that visually
the first column is sorted first and the second column second...

Help !

Thank you very much.

PL

Try sending that again? It looks like your examples got nerfed when you
sent it.

~ Scott