xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Sorting Two Dimensional Table

2007-10-15 09:58:12

</xsl:variable>
<!-- ... ad nauseum ... -->

you wouldn't need to define multiple variables like this, just one variable
holding a sequence would do the general case.

  <xsl:sort select="key[(_at_)*[name() = $key1-name]]/@value"/>
  <xsl:sort select="key[(_at_)*[name() = $key2-name]]/@value"/>
  <!-- ... similar ad nauseum list here ... -->

But you would need something like this if in practice there are at most
a few keys and you want to keep things simple.

To do the general case with an arbitrary number of keys, you can either
just generate a stylesheet with the rightnumber of <xsl:sort/> statements
and use that generated stylesheet to effect your transformation. (effective but
dull:-)

Or you can I think do the whole thing in one pass, closer to the
original psuedocode, but I may go home before I've finished that
as I'm getting hungry:-)

David