xsl-list

Re: [xsl] xsltproc and file names

2007-11-04 10:19:27
Tommy Nordgren wrote:
Would you please provide an url for Gestalt? There are too many uses of that name to do a Google Search. AltowaXML is not useful. It's only for the obsolete Windows OS, as far as I can tell.

yeah, obsolete perhaps, but used by the majority last I heard. But another reason not to choose AltovaXML would be that it is far from production stable and when using keys, it may lock up your system.

Gestalt is a good candidate (built in Eiffel and thus cross-platform) and Saxon is another (built in Java, also cross-platform). When you use regular expressions, Gestalt uses its own flavor (see the docs which one that is), Saxon tries (and does a pretty good job at it) to follow the standard regex syntax of w3c. Saxon also provides a paid Schema Aware version (Saxon SA), Gestalt, iirc, does not (AltovaXML is Schema Aware for free).

http://www.saxonica.com and http://sourceforge.net/projects/saxon for Saxon
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gestalt for Gestalt, or http://colina.demon.co.uk/

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma