xsl-list

RE: [xsl] xsl2: temprorary tree containing xsl instructions

2007-11-24 07:16:41
You can do this in a pipeline, which is the way I would usually recommend.

You can also do it in Saxon using the functions saxon:compile-stylesheet()
and saxon:transform().

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Koberg [mailto:rob(_at_)koberg(_dot_)com]
Sent: 24 November 2007 12:35
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] xsl2: temprorary tree containing xsl instructions

Hi,

Is it possible to create a temporary tree that is a 'simplified'
stylesheet and have its instructions processed?

For example I create a temporary tree that contains:

<title>
BigCo.com: <xsl:value-of

select="$page-instance/page/metadata/title"></xsl:value-of>
</title>

$page-instance is a global variable that is (theoretically)
not used until the temporary tree is processed.

The temporary tree is finally processed by an identity
template to copy and hopefully process any xsl instructions
present in that temp tree.
But it does not work -- the xsl instructions are just copied
to the result. Is there a way to make this happen?

thanks,
-Rob

--~--