xsl-list

Re: [xsl] grouping problem

2007-11-28 08:47:06
Thank you Ken for your great solution. As always, you are right on.

I do have a more general question/clarification that perhaps someone can address.

Say I want to replace an element and its attributes with a new element name and attribute(s). Say I also want to keep the mark-up of the content. I have noticed that if I use <xsl:value-of select "."/> the content mark-up is stripped out. So with this content:

<test>
  <selection name="u1pt01">
  </selection>

</test>

The following template would strip out the <i> tags,

<xsl:template match="selection">
        <para aim:pstyle='bodytext'><xsl:value-of select "para"/><para>
</xsl:template>

producing

<test>
  <selection name="u1pt01">
    <para aim:pstyle='bodytext'> text, more text, italic text. </para>
  </selection>

</test>

Am I correct?

To avoid stripping content mark-up, I need to use <xsl:copy-of select "para"/>. When I do that, however, I get two <para> tags.

With copy-of, is it still possible to replace elements and attributes? I suspect that I am missing something very basic. Some clarification would be great.

By the way, does anyone else have trouble posting from a Mac using Mail? All day yesterday my posts were bounced back with this message:

ezmlm-reject: fatal: Sorry, I don't accept messages of MIME Content- Type 'multipart/alternative' (#5.2.3)

Terry