xsl-list

Re: [xsl] stylesheet expansion

2007-12-11 04:22:46
On 11/12/2007, David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

 As a middle road perhaps we could borrow from java and create .xar
files (um.. "zarr"?) with manifests that indicate the primary
stylesheet?

or couldn't you just use jar, saxon at least supports the (somewhat
dubiously specified) jar: URI scheme so you should be able to dump all
the various stylesheet modules into a single jar file for delivery and
be able to use them without unpacking as
<xsl:import href="jar:module1/stylesheet666.xsl"/>
shouldn't you?

For the archives, this does seem to work although I could only get it
going with an absolute path:

"jar:file:///c:/path/to/dist.zip!/imported.xslt"

I guess the 1 in your example was meant to be an exclamation mark :)
plus an interesting stylesheet name there...

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com