xsl-list

[xsl] Re: Escaped characters being duplicated

2007-12-14 07:48:45
On 12/12/2007, Anderson, Paul <Paul(_dot_)Anderson(_at_)compuware(_dot_)com>
wrote:
So, to summarize:
If the Tomcat process is using Java 1.6x, we get duplication.
If the Tomcat process is using Java 1.5x, we get no duplication.

Based on this revelation, does anybody have further ideas?

Andrew queried:
Sounds very odd...

Can't you debug the code or write out each step to see exactly at what
stage the duplication occurs?

It is definitely at an XSL transform. The DITA Open Toolkit uses a
number of XSL transforms in a ordered pipeline to create its outputs.
Our specific implementation of the DITA Open Toolkit has added a few XSL
transforms to the beginning and end of this pipeline. Since the input
and output files are retained for most of these transforms, I can get a
better idea of where the duplication occurs.

The interesting thing is that it doesn't happen for every XSL transform.
The output files from the preprocessing transforms that we added do not
have the duplication. The duplication occurs in one of the transforms in
the middle of the DITA Open Toolkit processing. Unfortunately, the DITA
Open Toolkit doesn't leave the intermediate input/output files hanging
around when it runs so I have yet to determine the precise transform(s)
that are causing the problem. I'll have to edit a few of the Ant scripts
to leave these artifacts intact.

Following Michael's suggestion, I'll concentrate on how the files are
serialized during these individual transforms.

Best regards,

Paul Anderson
Information Developer - Codex Administrator
Compuware Corporation
addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it
to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately and
then destroy it.