xsl-list

Re: [xsl] ANN: 'Testing XSLT' training course PDF available

2007-12-14 07:24:09
Thanks Florent for clarifying my doubts.

I agree to your remarks.

On Dec 14, 2007 7:45 PM, Florent Georges <lists(_at_)fgeorges(_dot_)org> wrote:
Mukul Gandhi wrote:

 Hi

I guess, Florent that your unit test scripts will duplicate
XSLT code from the *actual* stylesheet ? Whereas, ideal
unit testing will be (JUnit like) - the unit test script
invokes the main stylesheet (which doesn't have any testing
code, i.e. it's pure) and supplies some data to it (an
input XML for e.g.), and do assertions.

 I am not sure what you mean by "duplicate".  The principle
is simply to write little pieces of code that each setups
values, exercizes the component under test and then apply
assertions on the result.  Sounds familiar ?-)

 How it is implemented is by generating XSLT stylesheets
that have a copy of the pieces of XSLT code, as well as code
generated from assertions (and others), and that imports the
tested stylesheets.

 For instance:

   <t:test>
     <xsl:variable name="input">
     </xsl:variable>
     <xsl:variable name="expected">
     </xsl:variable>
     <xsl:apply-templates select="$input" t:variable="result"/>
     <t:assert-deep expect="$expected" select="$result"/>
   </t:test>

will generates something with the same taste as:

   <xsl:import href="test-stylesheet.xsl"/>

   <xsl:template name="some-id">
     <xsl:variable name="input">
     </xsl:variable>
     <xsl:variable name="expected">
     </xsl:variable>
     <xsl:variable name="result" as="item()*">
       <xsl:apply-templates select="$input"/>
     </xsl:variable>
     <xsl:if test="not(deep-equals($expected, $result))">
       <xsl:sequence select="
           error(xs:QName('t:ASSERT'), 'Error message')"/>
     </xsl:if>
   </xsl:template>

 I am not sure that answers your question?

 Regards,

--drkm

--
Regards,