xsl-list

Re: [xsl] ANN: 'Testing XSLT' training course PDF available

2007-12-17 02:32:24
On 16/12/2007, Steve Ball <Steve(_dot_)Ball(_at_)explain(_dot_)com(_dot_)au>
wrote:

On 14/12/2007, at 11:31 PM, Andrew Welch wrote:
Personally I don't think you can unit test XSLT*, it's only really
worthwhile to test the output for a given set of inputs.

You can certainly unit test functions, as Mike Kay points out

If you include the starred footnote along with the quote, you'll see
that I said that:

"* Maybe with 2.0 and user defined functions it might be worthwhile,
but to ensure your transforms are doing the right thing, I think the
only approach it to check the output for a given set of inputs."

It's a bit off to quote something that references a relevant footnote
and not include the footnote itself.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com