xsl-list

Re: [xsl] ANN: 'Testing XSLT' training course PDF available

2007-12-17 04:26:59
On Fri, Dec 14 2007 12:31:37 +0000,
andrew(_dot_)j(_dot_)welch(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com wrote:
You mention black box testing under the unit test heading... which
doesn't quite fit.

Personally I don't think you can unit test XSLT*, it's only really
worthwhile to test the output for a given set of inputs.

Which is the sense in which I used "black box".

If the specification for the transform includes:

   'art' becomes 'article' containing 'front/article-meta'.

then you could use one of the unit testing frameworks to test that part
of the specification without needing to look inside the stylesheet.  You
could also use Schematron (Debbie Lapeyre was teaching Schematron in the
next timeslot) or other methods to do the same thing.

Regards,

Tony Graham.
Tony(_dot_)Graham(_at_)MenteithConsulting(_dot_)com
http://www.menteithconsulting.com

Menteith Consulting Ltd             Registered in Ireland - No. 428599