xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Re: Identity transformation for XSLT 2.0

2007-12-23 20:39:57
Thanks Mike and Ken for the clarification.

I should know better how to read the spec :)

On Dec 24, 2007 12:26 AM, Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> wrote:
I recently needed to do set difference operation in a 2.0
stylesheet, using Saxon 9 (basic version). I was a bit
surprised to find that Saxon reported, "Unknown system
function except()".

The F&O spec defines this function
(http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-operators/#func-except). Could
you please tell, why this built in function not implemented
in Saxon 9.

It's not a function, it's an operator. (Note the op: prefix). You can write
"A except B".

As a workaround, I had to resort to $seq1[not(. = $seq2)] ...

That doesn't do the same thing, it compares by value, not by node identity.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

--
Regards,