xsl-list

Re: [xsl] saxon:try()

2008-01-04 04:05:24
Jesper Tverskov wrote:

  Hi

Is there any way in pure XSLT 2.0 that we can make our own
function similar to saxon:try() only available for the SA
version of Saxon.

  Unfortunately not.  Exception handling is really something
that lacks in XSLT.  I would really like if that was
standardized.  I have some ideas on that subject there:

    http://www.fgeorges.org/xslt/error-safe/error-safe.html

I want to do many transformations from inside the
stylesheet, and if a transformation fails I want the
stylesheet to continue with the next transformation.

  I implemented those ideas there:

    http://www.fgeorges.org/xslt/error-safe/

  But this is far from production-quality.  This is very
experimental.  But as first glance, as this is to catch
errors from saxon:transform(), that could helps (the
complexity is caused by rewritings, and I guess expressions
using saxon:transform() or very unlikely to be rewritten).

  And that was not adapted to Saxon 9.

  Regards,

--drkm