xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Randomly displaying articles from RSS feed

2008-01-11 11:06:38
Wendell Piez wrote:

Cool. I don't think the newly created node ID will work for the use case, but the external URL call is excellent (and part of a trend, ain't it). Of course, the URL will have to return a number random across calls, not just the same "random" number each time. :-)

I'm not sure it works for the OP. But it works for me. I actually use "my" GUID code quite often for tasks like this: it is quite likely globally unique and definitely unique within one run. (see also my previous post).