xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSL-FO Doctype Problem

2008-01-27 19:11:28
At 2008-01-27 12:16 -0700, Karl Stubsjoen wrote:
There is a doctype decleartion in the imported stylesheet.  I was
assuming that the child template importing the base template would be
able to "un-declare" the doctype setting from the imported stylesheet.
 Is thi not possible?  Based on my experience, it is not possible.

Yes, you cannot un-declare the DOCTYPE, but you can override the DOCTYPE to have a system identifier that points to an empty zero-byte file. An empty file is a well-formed external parameter entity.

So, your importing stylesheet can have:

 <xsl:output doctype-system="dummy.ent"/>

And you can create a empty dummy.ent file in the same directory.

The result is well-formed.

I hope this helps.

G. Ken Holman                 mailto:gkholman(_at_)CraneSoftwrights(_dot_)com