xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Processing business rules using XSLT

2008-02-02 10:35:20
Hello Michael;

Thank you for your reply. And I apologize for providing too little
detail.  I'm trying to arrive at a solution and XSLT is one option I'm
looking at.  Also as this will be run in BizTalk 2006 I have some
limitations in environment: I can't add third party tools that might
help but I can code my own assembly for referencing in BTS if I need
to.  So right now I'm doing some due diligence as to the 'best' way to
satisfy my client's needs.  Suffice it to say, your expertise and
advice here is greatly appreciated.

Given an XML structure where EDL24 may occur 'n' times:

<EDL20>
   <EDL24>
      <POSNR>
      <MATNR>
      <HIPOS>
      <QUANTITY>
      <WEIGHT>
      <HAZMAT>
      <EXTMATNR>
   </EDL24>
</EDL20>

And a series of business rules like the following and of similar
complexity, do you see an issue with XSLT being able to accommodate?

If HIPOS = NULL & qty = 0 & weight = 0 & HAZMAT != NULL
Then
        remove element
        (Store/retain MATNR for carrying forward)

If POSNER begins with 9 & HIPOS  !=  Null & MATNR = stored MATNR
Then
        include element in outbound XML
Else
        remove element
End If

If POSNER begins with 9 & HIPOS  !=  Null & MATNR = stored MATNR
Then
        include element in outbound XML
End If

Thanks for your time and input!