xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Phd Project - XSL for XML to X3D

2008-02-02 11:43:16
Firstly, Firefox (or any other browser) is not a good development
environment. It's fine for running stylesheets once they are working, but
lousy for debugging.

Secondly, element names cannot start with a digit:

<2ndname>Marclay</2ndname>

Finally, it's a basic rule of XML that if you use a namespace prefix you
should declare it first. If you want to use

xsd:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="......"

then there must be a namespace declaration

xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";

It's conventional to use the prefix xsi for this particular namespace. Using
"xsd" is legal but will confuse people.

As this is a PhD project (and indeed, if it were any other project), I'd
suggest you do some more extensive reading about XML and XSLT before you try
to do too much coding.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/