xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Browser support for X-link - Xpointer

2008-02-05 03:22:22
On 04/02/2008, Philip Vallone <philip(_dot_)vallone(_at_)verizon(_dot_)net>
wrote:
Can someone provide an update on browser support for X-link? I would also
like to know if there is no support (aside from Firefox 2.0), how are you
using X-link and X-pointer and in what environment/platform?

As far as I know, XLink and XPointer never really took off.

Linking tends to be done in the presentation layer, and XPath really
takes care of pointing to fragments of XML.

It would be interesting to know if there is a future for either of
these specs...

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com