xsl-list

Re: [xsl] strip-spaces

2008-02-06 09:40:32

Ah yes, but that doesn't tell me where to fetch the style sheet to
process the name space "myns."

generally speaking I think it's a mistake to assume that there is one
stylesheet per namespace, although that might be the case in some very
restricted scenarios. There are protocols for specifying resources
such as schema and stylesheets associated with namespaces, perhaps the
best known being rddl
http://www.rddl.org/
some schema validators automatically find schemas by looking up
locations in a rddl file found at the namespace location, it wouldn't be
impossible to use something that generated a set of xsl:imports from
similar information, although personally I wouldn;t be able to use it.
There are very few sources that I have where I don't have multiple
stylesheets generating different output formats. (I generate xhtml,
html, pdf, c, C#, fortran, maple worksheets,... all from the same xml sources,
but not (all) at the same time) So there is no simple mapping between
source namespace and stylesheet to be used.

This is just a way of relating and limiting included style sheets to
namespaces.

if you have a schema aware xslt processor you can declare within teh xsl
that you want to limit the input to valid docuemnts to a speified schema
type, so by suitable choice of schem a that can do as you wish and limit
to specific namespaces.

David