xsl-list

[xsl] Evaluation of MathML using XSLT

2008-02-07 05:21:07
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience or thoughts on the matter of
encoding "business rules" in MathML content markup and dynamically
evaluating them
(or transforming them to an xslt transformation ) with xslt?  For example, the
input document to a stylesheet could represent a mathml function.  The
stylesheet could
(hypothetically) generate another stylesheet whose parameters might represent
the inputs to the function.  Would this be practical?  Useful?  Since
there is no
math library built-in to xslt, the generated xslt would likely have to
call exslt and other
functions libraries.

In googling this, we find a lot about the conversion of MathML to pdf,
fo, latex and
what-have-you, but nothing on evaluating the content.  Perhaps it's
just not possible...

Cheers,
Peter