xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Evaluation of MathML using XSLT

2008-02-07 06:18:46

 But, perhaps it would be just as possible to generate C code that
would work similarly and perhaps the result would be more satisfactory
because of performance.

yes hard to say really, we code our input in mathml because er well
because I'm an editor of the spec and so if I don't who will:-)
but we generate C (etc) rather than xslt not for performance reasons but
because generating a C (or matlab or maple or ...) library is what we
are mainly doing. For basic arithmetic expressions it would certainly be
possible to to xpath (possibly extended with the exslt math functions).

David