xsl-list

RE: [xsl] comparing sequences that contain more than one of the same item

2008-02-22 08:31:36

To match 'hello' with 'farmer' the code will be

matches('ehllo', 'a?e?f?m?r?r?' )

Ie 'hello' has been sorted into codepoint order before the match.

One example which shows the match would be :

'frame'
matches ( 'aefmr', 'a?e?f?m?r?r?' )

Helpfully,
Hopefully,
Richard.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Welch [mailto:andrew(_dot_)j(_dot_)welch(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 22 February 2008 15:24
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] comparing sequences that contain more than
one of the same item

On 22/02/2008, Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> wrote:

 Sort the characters in the long string into code point order

 farmer => aefmrr

 Turn this into a regular expression in which each
character is optional

 a?e?f?m?r?r?

 Sort the characters in the short string into code point
order, and test
 whether the result matches this regular expression.

I can't see what you're getting at, but I can't convert it into a
working example:

matches('hello', 'a?e?f?m?r?r?')"

returns true, which suggests the regex needs work... but I don't know
regex's well enough to correct it.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com