xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT on Wikipedia

2008-02-29 11:57:39
On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 14:31 +0000, Andrew Welch wrote:
If there is an upconversion tool or transform you could mark it up and
put in an xml database and then do something with it... not sure what
yet, but as an academic exercise at least it would be quite
interesting.

This is getting off-topic, but... while I haven’t been doing much
professionally with pointy-brackets lately, I *have* been doing a lot
with Wikipedia.  There is a tool called Wiki2XML which normalizes the
data into an XML representation.

There is also a large database, indexing all the links and
relationships, and including the XML representation of the articles,
which a couple of my cow-orkers have prepared and my employer has
released.

Links to Wiki2XML and the database are at <URL:
http://blog.freebase.com/2008/02/18/mining-knowledge-from-wikipedia-announcing-wex/
.

~Chris
“Metonymy and synecdoche don’t do the fighting and dying, the
 soldiers and the townspeople do.” —John Crowley, _Endless Things_
GnuPG Fingerprint: C6E4 E2A9 C9F8 71AC 9724 CAA3 19F8 6677 0077 C319