xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Slow XSLT

2008-03-02 06:01:23
Hi Manfred,

Thanks for your reply.

I will try your approach and let you know if it
improves the speed of the transformation.

One thing I will have to figure out is a way to
measure the speed improvement. I do not want to only
look at the watch and count the seconds.

I might use Javascript with the time function and
alert how long each approach takes (start time - end
time). Do you have any suggestions on how I could
measure that in an easier way?

Also, I did not quite understand your the simpler
approach suggestion. Could you please elaborate a bit
more on that?

Another (simpler) approach would be to limit the
maximum number of
dimensions for the table so you can use match
patterns like
match="ColGrp"
match="ColGrp/ColGrp"
match="ColGrp/ColGrp/ColGrp"
match="ColGrp/ColGrp/ColGrp/ColGrp"
match="ColGrp[Col]"
match="Col"

Cheers

--- Manfred Staudinger <manfred(_dot_)staudinger(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
wrote:

On 01/03/2008, Cleyton Jordan