xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Slow XSLT

2008-03-03 13:26:09
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your input.

I will debug the xslt and see if I can undertand what
is going on.

Cheer

--- Michael Ludwig <mlu(_at_)as-guides(_dot_)com> wrote:

Cleyton Jordan schrieb:
Hi Manfread,

I truly appreciate your help. You are real star :)

I have just seen your post and before I try your
changes I would like to ask you what this line
does
i.e. which template does it call?

<xsl:apply-templates select="$set"/>

It "calls" whatever matches the contents of $set.
What is in
$set depends on the context. At the place you
extracted this
line from, a template by the name "apply-set", there
is an
xsl:param named "set". The template "apply-set" is
indeed
called (using xsl:call-template), as it is a named
template.
Other templates are matching templates - these go
without
names. They are applied to nodes (using
xsl:apply-templates)
based on whether or not they match.

Where is this template being called from?

<xsl:template match="Col">
</xsl:template>

Incidentally, it is "called", or rather applied, by
the
xsl:apply-templates above that has caught your
intention.
It may not be obvious at first glance, but it
happens in
recursion. See the following snippet from Manfred's
example.

           <xsl:when test="$set/*">
                   <xsl:call-template name="apply-set">
                           <xsl:with-param name="set" select="$set/*"/>
                   </xsl:call-template>
           </xsl:when>

Michael

--~--