xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Slow XSLT

2008-03-04 12:38:29
Hi Cleyton,

 I have now tested your suggestion against my old xlst
 code and I have to confess that I was very impressed
 with your solution!!
Thanks.

 I would like to send to you this xml and the
 javascript test harness
Yes, I'm interested in trying that.

 Do you know any online tutorial, book or any other
 training where they teache this technique you showed
- read the posts on this list, for example David Carlisle on
tail-recursion today
- Check http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/sect21.html
- You may google for xslt recursive
- see Michael Kay:
   http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-xslt/
- see Elliotte Rusty Harold, also cited resources there:
   http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-tiploop.html

 I have read some books the best of them maybe was XSLT
 1.0 by Michael Kay.
I have his XSLT 2.0 and his XPath 2.0 and even you may be interested
mostly in XSLT 1.0 at the moment, I would recommend to learn those
version 2.0 languages in parallel to version 1.0.

 Your XSLT solution
 The transfomation took between 0.20 and 0.38 seconds

 Wow, this is fast.
Glad it works!

Manfred