xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Problem running a 2.0 transformation with JAXP

2008-03-20 00:44:06
On 20/03/2008, hugh <hdixon(_at_)bigpond(_dot_)net(_dot_)au> wrote:

I'm  not sure if this is your problem, but I found using MS products, that
 when I moved from IE6 to IE7 it was more sensitive to the formatting of the
 URI.
 In particular

        file:/C:/dirname/filename.csv

would fail.  The URI should be

It should fail on all products. The // is a required part of the
hierarchical part according to RFC 3986. So file:/// (or
file://localhost/, but the former is canonical) is correct.

        file://C:/dirname/filename.csv

That's interesting. file:///C:/dirname/filename.csv is more normal. Do
IE6 and IE7 reject this?
(I say normal - not correct - there is no standard anyone can point
to. In the example you give, C appears to be treated as userinfo and
an empty password within the authority section, which, whilst
syntacticallt permitted, is not semantically accurate.