xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 in a web browser

2008-03-26 00:40:21
On 25/03/2008, bryan rasmussen <rasmussen(_dot_)bryan(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
wrote:
Is there some reason why Gestalt would be easily transferable to Firefox

I forsee no problems.

 I supposed that being implemented in Eiffel it would be more
 problematic than a java based one?

Less so, I would have thought. Since there is no virtual machine
involved, there is no worries about which version of the JVM is
implemented in Firefox.
I intend to write a C wrapper to the Gestalt API. This will then be
usable from PHP, Python, Ruby etc. Then all I need to do for Firefox
is to implement the C++ class and forward calls to the C wrapper.

 Of course if there was a java applet version of Saxon it would be a snap.

I don't think so. You would need to call the applet from the C++
class. It would seem more sensible to me to call the Saxon API
directly via JNI.