xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XPath 2.0 Best Practice: wrap the first node of every path expression within schema-element?

2008-03-27 05:05:06
Hi Roger,
   For this case, some form of static error reporting is already
defined in the XPath 2.0 spec. Please see:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath20/#id-schema-element-test

<quote>
schema-element(ElementName)

If the ElementName specified in the SchemaElementTest is not found in
the in-scope element declarations, a static error is raised
[err:XPST0008].
</quote>

But your suggestion to ask for a better error reporting looks good to
me (as implemented by Saxon).