xsl-list

[xsl] Re: [XSL] xi:include coded in XSL

2008-04-01 10:31:35
Thank you Eliot.

It's not relevant to this list but at the moment I have stability problems with
my Ubuntu on an USB key.
I'll move back to Mandriva with was more stable on an USB key used with
different PCs.

The Mandriva I'm using doesn't even have a Java platform!

So if I understand your instructions correctly:
- install the Java JRE (obviously for SaxonJ under linux)
- install Xerces
- if Saxon still complains about using gnu.XML.SAXParser (I didn't try under
Mandriva), use the class you mention.

As I'm a total newbie about Java (and at the moment not a lot of time to learn
about it), is the package you mention (org.fasb.xerces) already part of Xerces
and I just add -x SchemaValidatingCatalogResolvingXMLReader to Saxon,
or do I have to type somewhere the classes you give as examples?

Thank you as well for the explaination about ID... and I glad I didn't need any
IDs on my XML!

Best regards.
Alain.

Eliot wrote :

Here is a sample class that I use with SaxonB V9 to get to both Xerces schema-aware parsing and catalog resolution. Just specify it as the class name on the -x parameter to Saxon:

--- start of SchemaValidatingCatalogResolvingXMLReader.java ---
package org.fasb.xerces;

import org.apache.xml.resolver.CatalogManager;
import org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.ResolvingXMLReader;
import org.xml.sax.SAXNotRecognizedException;

/**
 *
 */
public class SchemaValidatingCatalogResolvingXMLReader extends
                ResolvingXMLReader {