xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Re: [XSL] xi:include coded in XSL

2008-04-01 12:04:11
Alain wrote:

So if I understand your instructions correctly:
- install the Java JRE (obviously for SaxonJ under linux)

Yes. You may need to first remove the non-Sun JRE that is installed with some Linux distributions (e.g., Ubuntu). I just did this the other day and Sun's instructions for installing under Ubuntu were pretty clear.

You'll need a JDK to compile the class and package it into a Jar. If you're new to Java I'd recommend installing Eclipse (www.eclipse.org) and follow the tutorial for creating a simple Java project.

- install Xerces

Yes--this is the Apache XercesJ package. You need the xercesImpl and xml-api jars.

- if Saxon still complains about using gnu.XML.SAXParser (I didn't try under Mandriva), use the class you mention.

Yes.

As I'm a total newbie about Java (and at the moment not a lot of time to learn about it), is the package you mention (org.fasb.xerces) already part of Xerces and I just add -x SchemaValidatingCatalogResolvingXMLReader to Saxon,
or do I have to type somewhere the classes you give as examples?

org.fasb.xerces is a private package (I should have corrected that before I posted but I missed that bit).

You'll want to put the class in a package of your naming, e.g. fr.free.xerces or whatever makes sense for you. The "xerces" in this case is just my convention to indicate that this class is related to Xerces.

Assuming you've worked out how to compile the class into a jar (e.g., my-parser.jar) and they're all in the directory where you're running the command, you would use it with Saxon like so:

java -cp my-parser.jar:saxon9.jar:saxon9-dom.jar net.sf.saxon.Transform -x:fr.free.xerces.SchemaValidatingCatalogResolvingXMLReader {other saxon arguments}

Cheers,

Eliot

--
Eliot Kimber