xsl-list

RE: [xsl] New SourceForge Project: Doxsl - A Documentation Generator for XSLT

2008-04-03 17:50:10
I believe it has reduced the bugs in my
stylesheets and shortened their development time...

One caveat though ... while managers love the idea of a
completely documented stylesheet, many of the actual
stylesheet writers have found it a chore ...

I'm sure the real benefit is in reducing the maintenance cost rather than
shortening the initial development time. In cases where I've written a
stylesheet for a client and three months later they've asked me to enhance
it, it can often take me half a day just to understand the problem again.
The job is so much easier if I took the time to document it properly the
first time.

But thanks for the reminder about XSLStyle (and indeed, the new Doxsl). I'll
try to to better than just adding comments next time around.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/