xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSL 2.0 - value-of - xml:space="preserve"

2008-04-04 01:23:40
Hi Robert,

Robert Koberg wrote:

The thing is, I don't really care about the output, other than being
valid according to my explicit whitespace instructions. I want the space
to be preserved during my editing! (it is an editor thing and I will
probably be yelled at for being off-topic...). The fact that this
affects the XSL transformation output seems like a bug.

Check the editor documentation if it allows to specify the elements to have the space preserved externally, not in the XSLT source. oXygen for instance has a list of simple XPath expressions that defines the preserve space elements in Options->Preferences -- Edit -- Format -- XML -- Preserve space elements (script is included by default in that list).

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina - http://aboutxml.blogspot.com/
http://www.oxygenxml.com