xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Directory listing, as xml file

2008-06-01 11:04:35
On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Dave Pawson
<davep(_at_)dpawson(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:
I want to generate a list of elements
which constitutes all the xml files in
a directory, say ./sub

<reference
          xmlns:xi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude'>
<title> Element Reference</title>
<xi:include href='intro-elements.xml'/>

<xi:include href='sub/a.xml'/>
<xi:include href='sub/b.xml'/>
<xi:include href='sub/c.xml'/>

</reference>

Any suggestions how this might be done (mostly) with xslt?
I'm also trying to minimize the OS dependence.

a few tricks/tips u probably already know about;

* if svn source control is in effect ... one can use svn ls --xml

* if svn source control is in effect using apache ... I consume http url

* enable dir listing on apache and bring in index via document() call
.... though obviously this is not recursive

* mount webdav and use webdav xml

gl, Jim Fuller