xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Directory listing, as xml file

2008-06-01 10:55:02
Colin Paul Adams wrote:
"Michael" == Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> writes:

    >> Any suggestions how this might be done (mostly) with xslt?
    Michael> I think that all three currently-available XSLT 2.0
    Michael> processors allow you to do

    Michael> <xsl:for-each select="collection('file:///temp/dir')">
    Michael> <xi:include href="document-uri(.)"/> </xsl:for-each>

Gestalt won't - it returns directory entry names (file names or
directory names).

    Michael> though it's a bit painful as it's likely to involve
    Michael> actually parsing each of the documents in the collection,
    Michael> which is of course unnecessary if you only want the
    Michael> names.

Which is one reason I don't do it like that.

So it can be done with an extension.
I only want the *.xml files, so it would seem that
some OS specific listing, parsed in as an text entity
with a regex is likely
to be the simpler way, if only to get the globbing.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Colin, had you thought about taking yours further?
temp/dir/*.xml etc?

regards

--
Dave Pawson