xsl-list

Re: [xsl] searching for occurrences of unique string-value and replacing with string value of another node

2008-06-11 07:00:29
Thank you! I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out why this
wasn't working in my full stylesheet. That would be user error :) I
had non-matching test data in the CuHistoryGuid element. No wonder it
didn't find anything! I have one question, though. I had been trying
to work out how the keys functioned, but I didn't think of adding this
match:

<xsl:template match="@*|node()">
  </xsl:template>

Now I want to be sure I understand that correctly. I understand this
much... that match is looking for an attribute (@) and selecting the
contents (*), but is the (node() ) section looking at the value as a
text node? Doesn't xslt already understand that as a text node?

Thanks!

Julie