xsl-list

Re: [xsl] LINQ to XML versus XSLT

2008-06-27 08:53:31
All fairly trivial. For example a custom handler coupled with IIS 7.0 and
you could have that up-and-running within a day.

Well I would use Saxon with Glassfish or Tomcat... but I guess you
have Saxon.net so it is possible with IIS.   Either way implementing
it yourself is easy.

With SOA being the big thing at the moment, XSLT is easily one of the
best placed languages to combine those services into XHTML... the way
I see it, XSLT 2.0 is _the_ serverside language of the future...
Reading and writing XML and inbuilt XML types will just be redundant
in an end-to-end XML stack.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com