xsl-list

RE: [xsl] LINQ to XML versus XSLT

2008-06-27 12:40:33
From: James A. Robinson [mailto:jim(_dot_)robinson(_at_)stanford(_dot_)edu]
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 3:36 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] LINQ to XML versus XSLT

"James" == James A Robinson
<jim(_dot_)robinson(_at_)stanford(_dot_)edu> writes:

    James> could get at or talk to via XSLT.  Once you've got a way
of
    James> running HTTP POST operations from XSLT,

That's xsl:result-document.

Heh, well there's a problem trying to do that.  If you've got a service
where you POST a request and expect to read a reponse document, then
xsl:result-document isn't so hot. We are in fact playing around with
using
xsl:result-document and using URI #fragments to indicate write vs read,
but I'm not sold that it's the best way to handle things.

Not clear how you are using URI #fragments, but be aware that the user agent
does not send those to the server.  So your XSLT that is responding to the
request will never see them.

Andy.