xsl-list

RE: [xsl] XProc or not XProc?

2008-06-29 04:42:31
One reason is that XSLT modules are not very modular; when you combine
them
using include and import, this can cause all sorts of unexpected effects
due
to the fact that templates and variables have global scope.

The fact that "XSLT modules are not very modular" is bad.
I'd wished this problem to be addressed without of context of this
discussion.

... It's nice not to have to build that stuff into your own code.

Provided there were modularity in XSLT, all stuff could be isolated.
I can think of XProc as of layer of program (like a driver).

On the other hand, when one looks at XProc specification,
one may observe some similarities that both XSLT and XProc have.
--
Vladimir Nesterovsky